Register for Aesthetics Surgery Conference “Live Surgery”
coordinator of surgical and clinical activities, management of the unit, teaching functions and scientific activities
Head of Plastic Surgery Dep. Medstar LLC , Dubai,UAE from jul 2019 to nov 2020
HEAD OF RECONSTRUCTIVE AND PLASTIC SURGERY UNIT, SAN CAMILLO GENERAL HOSPITAL, ROME, ITALY , JULY 2015 TO JULY 2019
Breast reconstruction, head and neck reconstruction, microsurgery, post trauma reconstruction (face and limbs) and cosmetic surgery in private practice
ATTENDING PLASTIC SURGEON, NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE “REGINA ELENA”, ROME, ITALY, 1987 TO 2000 Breast reconstruction, head and neck reconstruction, and reconstructive surgery for oncological dermatology
FORMER RESIDENT IN PLASTIC AND RECONSTRUCTIVE SURGERY, HOSPITAL DEFECTS OF THE FACE, SAO PAULO, BRAZIL, NOVEMBER 1985 TO APRIL 1988 Accredited residency program of the Brazilian Society of Plastic Surgery
University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy, November 1974 to November 1980, Medical Degree
University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy, November 1980 to July 1985, General Surgery residency program
Catholic University, Rome, Italy, November 1985 to July 1990, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery residency program
Excellent verbal and written communication skills, self motivated and determined to reach goals , a firm sense of responsibility and very capable of working well under pressure
Both national and international referrals will be given out upon request
Academic degrees , scholarships and actual functions
– 1980 : Medical Degree with honors at the University “La Sapienza” , Rome Italy ( duration 6years)
– 1985 : Specialization Degree with honors in General Surgery ( 5 year course ) at the University “La Sapienza” Rome , Italy
– 1990 : Specialization Degree with honours in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the Catholic University “Policlinico Gemelli” , Rome , Italy
– Winner of a 3 year public scholarship at the National Cancer Institute “Regina Elena” , Rome , Italy
– Winner of a 2 year public scholarship of the Italian National Cancer League for a Stage and full time Residency Program in Plastic Surgery at Hospital for the Facial Defects , Sao Paulo , Brasil.
– 1987 – 2000 : Consultant Plastic Surgeon at the National Cancer Institute “Regina Elena” , Rome – The clinical activities were institutionally oriented to the Oncological reconstructive procedures related to the treatment of Breast Cancer , Head and Neck cancer and Dermatological Oncology .
– 2001 to june 2015 : Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Division at the “S.Pertini” General Hospital , Rome , Italy
– July 2015 to July 2019 : Head of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Division , San Camillo General Hospital , Rome , Italy
Coordinating a Staff of 8 attending Plastic Surgeons for both elective surgeries ,clinical cases and calls coming from the Emergency Department of the Hospital . Coordinating the Plastic Surgery activities of theTeam related to the Breast Unit and the requested multidisciplinary treatment of Breast Cancer patients : Office consultations , personalized reconstructive
approach for each case, Day Surgery activities , post-op follow-up ,etc
Coordinating the activities of trainees , medical visitors and residents in Plastic Surgery or General Surgery frequenting a stage at the Unit .
Coordinating all the scientific activities of the Plastic Surgery Team , including work in progress for clinical research papers , conferences and organization of courses . Weekly follow up and preparation during the clinical meeting with the Plastic Surgery team to present new patients and discussing the possible post op complications.
– July 2019 to November 2020 , Consultant Plastic Surgeon and Director of Plastic Surgery Dep. , Medstar Healthcare LLC , Dubai , UAE
– From December 2020 : Head Consultant Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon , Aesthetica Clinics and Fakeeh University Hospital , Dubai , UAE
Main Surgical Experience in Reconstructive and Cosmetic Procedures
Head and Neck : immediate and delayed reconstructions for advanced oncological surgical treatments or post RT sequelas
– Soft tissues reconstructions with local, regional/conventional , miocoutaneous and free flaps ( ALT, Forearm,Abdominal flaps )
– Bone reconstructions with grafts and free flaps ( iliac crest or fibula flaps).
Limbs Reconstructions ( post oncologic and post trauma ) for soft tissues and/or bone loss
– fasciocutaneous flaps
– Perforators Propeller or free style flaps
– Microvascular flaps
Breast Immediate and delayed reconstruction
– 1 stage ( definitive implant after SSM , SRM or NSM) or
2 stages ( tissue expander + definitive implant )
– ADM use( porcine , bovine derivated and alloplastic
– Immediate Glandular flaps for partial resections in
– Fat grafting for breast recontouring and NAC
– Regional fasciocutaneous flaps , LD flaps for oncological
resections or RT consequences
– DIEP or Tram MS flaps for simultaneous or delayed post
mastectomy reconstructions .
Dermatological Facial , Postraumatic and Oncoplastic Procedures .
– Nose reconstructions, eyelids rec., lips and cheeks rec. , auricular rec. , tissue Expander use for postoncological delayed reconstructions , Local and regional flaps for immediate or delayed reconstructive procedures . Fat transfers for facial and body postocological recontouring Esthetic Surgery ( private practice )
– Breast enlargement , B.reduction/mastopexy with implants and or fat transfers .
– Other breast deformities like tubular breasts , Poland syndrome , different asymmetries , gynecomastia of different degrees .
– Revisional breast surgeries ( post capsular contracture treatment and implant substitution , implants displacements , ptosis recurrences , ADM and fat grafting for secondary revisions etc.)
– Body recontouring (and post obesity procedures ) : abdominoplasty , torsoplasty, arms and thighs recontouring , Liposuction and Lipostructure
– Facial Plastic Surgery : Blefaroplasty , Deep plane and superficial facelifts and neck recontouring , Open and closed Rhinoplasty , Fat grafting and liposuction for facial recontouring techniques
Teaching Activities from 1992 to present
– Teaching Professor at the Public Health School for Nurses
– Teaching Professor for Medical Residency Programs and Courses in Otolaryngology , Vascular Surgery, General Surgery , Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the following Public Medical Universities :
Pavia Medical School / University
Modena Medical School/University
Catholic Rome University “Policlinico Gemelli “ University of Rome “La Sapienza”
University “S.Andrea-La Sapienza”,Rome University of Rome “Tor Vergata”
– Teaching Director in 19 “full immersion Video-Courses in Breast Reconstructive and Cosmetic Surgery for European companies : Polytech Health ( Germany ) , Emmeci4 (Italy ) , Novus Scientific ( Sweden).
Scientific Papers and Activities
– In the last 30 years Dr.Pompei produced 129 published papers in national and international medical Journals as Author and Co-author.
In the last 5 years , as Author he has published 5 important papers on breast reconstruction on the
European Journal of Plastic Surgery , 2 on the Aesthetic Surgery Journal and 1 on Clinics in Plastic Surgery and 1 in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery .
– In 1999 he projected and realized in collaboration with Polytech-Silimed Company , a specific Elliptical Reinforced , High projection Tissue Expander for breast reconstruction . To present days , the two Companies are commercially independent but they still have in their catalogs this useful tool for the two stage breast reconstruction.
– In the last 10 years he has been involved as an Invited Speaker in 93 National and international Courses , Symposiums and Conferences in Plastic , Reconstructive or Cosmetic Surgery .
– Just between 2010- 2019 , has been Invited Speaker to
talk in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Congresses/Meetings in different cities like Madrid , Barcelona , Budapest , London , Kiev , St.Petersburg , Winchester ,Mursia , Notthingam , Sao Paulo , Dieburg , Innsbruck , Paris , Winchester , Dusseldorf , Cologne , Stockholm ,Zagreb , Wien , Rhiad , Dubai ,Vilnius , Cairo , Berlin, Cyprus , Athens , Dubrovnik , Tehran ,Frankfurt , Dnipro , Rio de Janeiro , Warsaw , Poznan , Buenos Aires .
– Dr.Pompei is internationally named for his personal clinical experience in the use of Polyurethane implants ( more than 1000 implants utilized ) for reconstructive and cosmetic surgery in primary and secondary cases .
– Dr.Pompei from 2010 is the Organizer and Scientific Coordinator with the Colleague Dr.Roy De Vita , of the biannual RBS (Rome Dubai Breast Symposium ) . International guests and famous Plastic and Cosmetic Surgeons ( from USA , Uk , Brasil , Spain , France, Germany , Canada , Argentina, etc.) . At the June 2018 Edition , more than 300 attendees from 37 different countries . Web site : www.breastsurgery.it
– For June 9-12 , 2021 is organizing with his Colleague Dr.Roy De Vita , the Rome Dubai Breast Symposium .
Register for Aesthetics Surgery Conference “Live Surgery”
This event is only open to plastic surgeons & residents
After September 1, 2021
After September 1, 2021
SCIENTIFIC VIRTUAL SESSIONS
Friday – September 24, 2021 – 12:00 UTC
Saturday – September 25, 2021 – 12:00 UTC
This program has been reviewed by the Educational Council and is officially Endorsed by the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS). Endorsement is not approval for Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit. The organizers may at their discretion provide separate CME credit.
Turkish Airlines is the official airline of “‘3rd.International Aestheticistanbul Live Surgery Symposium”, special discounts are offered for delegates who are coming from out of Turkey. To proceed with the online booking tool, please visit Turkish Airlines promocode website and use the event code 026TKM21 under the Promotion code section.