PRIVACY AND PERSONAL DATA POLICY
Your privacy is important to us at DoctorB Akademi Eğitim A.Ş. (“B Academy”). B Academy is committed to protecting your privacy and personal data according to Law on Protection of Personal Data no. 6698 and relevant regulations (“the Law”). This Privacy and Personal Data Policy explains our policy with respect to information we may collect about you and how we may use such information. This brings the way we hold, process and use your data up to date taking into account advances in technology. Please read this privacy statement carefully to understand how B Academy will collect, use, manage, protect and share your personal data, as we understand that this is important to you. We collect and process your data as long as necessary and at least one of the data processing conditions exist according to the Law.
. This length of time will vary, depending on the reason that we have collected it, in cases of Health and Safety, this could be permanently.
We collect data about you in several ways
- When you express interest about our courses or services
- When you enroll on a course from your employer if they are funding your course
- When you communicate with us via our website / by telephone / email when you enroll online or when you raise concerns or make enquiries
- When consent is given for marketing purposes
- When you contract to supply or receive a service from us
- Care including Social Workers and Commissioners, schools and Local Authority including voluntary organisations such as PCVS and CAB)
Data is essential for our operational use. Whilst most of the information you provide to us is mandatory, some of it will be requested on a voluntary basis. We hold data securely for the amount of time shown in our Document Retention Schedule.
What we collect We may collect the following personal data about you:
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the B Academy web site. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services.
Account Information: When you sign up for B Academy, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, phone number, place of residence and date of birth.
Profile and Listing Information: To shop courses from B ACADEMY (such as online or hands on courses), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number.
Identity Verification Information: To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your government issued ID, passport, national ID card, or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
Payment Information: To use certain features of the B ACADEMY (such as purchasing courses), we may require you to provide certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) in order to facilitate the processing of payments.
- Assessment and attainment (Information about your prior education and employment)
- Identification documentation (Valid Passport and Driving License)
- Safeguarding information (such as Educational Health Care Plans, Local Education Authority referrals, court orders and professional involvement)
- Special Educational Needs (including the needs and other professional involvement)
Most of the information we collect, we will get directly from you.
We use your information, including sensitive data in the following ways: –
- To support you during your time with us
- To monitor and report on attendance, progress, examinations and assessments
- To help us assess the quality of our courses and services
- To assess your eligibility for funding, bursaries, course fees and student loans
- To help us deal with enquiries, referrals, enrolments, complaints, suggestions and grievances
- To enable us to provide information, advice and guidance
- To conduct research, both internally and on behalf of government bodies
- When monitoring equal opportunities
- When administering finance (e.g. fees, bursaries)
- To ensure your safety and security
- Promoting our products and services
- To meet the legal requirements
Who we share your data with and why We may share your personal data;
- In our group companies in order to manage our operations and provide the best service,
- When we use services other companies, (i.e. we may share your payment information with relevant third party companies while receiving payment from you)
- With third parties in order to ensure safety of you and the business,
- When law enforcement bodies request information (i.e. courts, police units, prosecution offices etc.),
- With third parties for other business purposes (i.e. for audits, executing our legal rights)
We use your data only for relevant purposes, to provide the best service and in accordance with the law.
When you use our website, access information related to you, such as your service provider name, your IP Address, your browsing information and location may be collected. This information is used for improvement of our infrastructure, statistical evaluations, and better targeting of marketing material. The operated cookies may also be used for collecting information on your usage to enable the website’s functionalities such as customization, to mitigate risk (e.g. by prevent fraud), manage our infrastructure, and to promote our services.
Your Rights as Data Owner As a data owner, you have the rights to,
- Learn whether your data is processed,
- If your personal data is processed, to request information relating thereto,
- Learn the purpose of processing of personal data and weather it is used for the intended purpose,
- Learn third parties resident in Turkey or abroad to whom your personal data is transferred,
- Request correction of your data that is incorrect or lacking,
- Request deletion or destruction of your personal data,
- Request to be given information to third parties according to the two subjects above,
- Raise objections to any conclusions which may arise against your interest upon analysis of your used personal data by means of automatic systems,
- Request compensation in case of damage due to unlawful personal data process.
You have choices available with respect to our privacy practices. You may always decline to provide personal data. However, if the information you have declined to provide is mandatory for provision of our services, you may not use our services. All your personal data is received for the best service.
If you wish to gain access to or correct your personal information or make a complaint about a breach of your privacy, you should contact:
Company Name: DoktorB Akademi Eğitim A.Ş.
MERSİS Number: 0309057712300001
Adress: Fulya Mahallesi, Büyükdere Cad. No:80 34394 Mecidiyeköy / İstanbul
Phone: +90 549 365 27 17 – +90 549 365 27 13